To ensure your constructions work boots footwear lasts and
remains in top condition, keep footwear clean, wash and thoroughly
dry feet, and change socks daily.
- Clean work boots and safety footwear regularly.
- Polish leather footwear and treat with leather
- Brush suede footwear.
- Clean footwear soles by brushing and washing to remove
- Footwear should not be cleaned with solvents and should not be
- Store work boots and safety footwear in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight.
Dry footwear after use and store in a well-ventilated area to
avoid water damage. Inspect footwear for water damage before
Examine footwear for external damage prior to and after each
use. In the case of cracks, breaks in leather, exposed toecaps or
other similar damage, replace footwear.
Avoid any unauthorised footwear alterations, e.g. mechanical
stretching or adding vent holes. Such alterations may:
a) Take the footwear out of compliance with the relevant
b) Void any approval or certification of the footwear.
c) Reduce the effectiveness of the footwear.